I’ve been tagged by the Fabulous Fabio for the Eleven Questions Game. Play along with me, it’s fun!
You must post the rules.
Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag people and link to them.
Let them know you’ve tagged them.
1. What is your favorite historical period and why? Tomorrow. I’m not a huge fan of history or looking back. I’d rather dream of tomorrow and what the future holds.
2. List your top five favorite movies. Oh dear, only five? Let’s see…Princess Bride, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (actually, ALL the Harry Potter movies), Ocean’s 11, My Cousin Vinny, Serenity, Demolition Man, The Fifth Element, Legend, Labyrinth, Star Trek the Next Generation…oh wait, that’s more than five.
3. Your house is on fire. Your loved ones–humans and pets–are already safe outside. They have your driver’s license and a flash drive with all your backups (files and all the media you own). You have time to save one more object. What would you get? My jewelry, because most of it came from my husband or my parents or other people I care about, and every piece means something to me.
4. You can invite any three people in the world for a dinner–anyone alive. Who are your guests? Felicia Day, President Obama (and his wife, need the pair), and Sandra Bullock. What a fun dinner that would be!
5. Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you can only have one type of food every meal for the rest of your life (they’ll supplement your diet with vitamin pills). Which food would you choose? Hmmm. I think only one food would eventually get boring, even if it’s my absolute favorite. I’m going to go with dark chocolate 😀
6. In an episode of “Friends”, they all reveal their freebie list: five celebrities with whom they can hook up without upsetting their partners. Who’s in yours? Think I’ll skip this one 😉
7. (Huge spoiler alert.) Some people think the Hunger Games is bloody. In Harry Potter 6, fifteen characters die. In HP7, the body count is over fifty (see here). JK is rewriting the series, and she let you choose one character from any of the seven books to get a reprieve. Who would it be and why? Fred Weasley. Can’t believe he died! It’s just so…wrong. I cried. I cried over Dumbledore, but he was older and had a full life. The twins…without a twin? Just wrong.
8. What’s your worst fear? Losing my husband. My dream would mean nothing without my best friend to share it with.
9. You can choose your own nickname, with an assurance that no one would ever mock you. Tell us your choice. Well, they already call me Mel. I’m ok with that.
10. What’s the best vacation you have ever had? In college, when my husband and I were just getting to know each other, we took a trip to Niagara Falls. We had next to no money, a car that barely made it and drove through a downpour in which I lost the windshield wipers. It was the best time! I drank in every moment, and made sure to really experience every aspect of the Falls. Including getting drenched on the Hurricane Deck. My future husband was there every step of the way, delighting in my experience, and ready to catch me if I slid off the slippery wood. I remember him holding onto my waist while I leaned out over the edge to get a photo of the water crashing on the rocks below. He’s such a sweetie!
11. Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you must move to any fantasy or sci-fi setting (books, movies, videogames, rpgs) of your choice—permanently. Where would you go? Oh, so many choices! I think I might move to Pandaria, in World of Warcraft. I’m in the beta test. It’s so pretty and peaceful, with lots of streams and waterfalls and, of course, magic. After that, I would choose Tony Stark’s house. I really want a house that will talk to me.
Feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments below. I’d love to get to know you.
The questions, should you choose to play, are:
1. If you could go anywhere in the known universe on vacation (no money worries) where would you go and why?
2. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
3. If you could be any character in any story, who would you be and why?
4. Milk or dark chocolate?
5. e-books or paper?
6. What book are you reading right now?
7. What was the last movie you saw? Did you like it?
8. What was your favorite toy as a child?
9. Are you a morning glory, or a night owl?
10. Favorite movie quote?
11. What was your favorite book while growing up?
Stop by and get to know these ladies. They’ll entertain, and they’ll make you think.
Diane Capri: Licensed to Thrill